GRASMERE - May 3rd, 4th & 5th
Arrival will be Friday night for a 2 night stay with two full days of trail running, food, relaxation and talks.
Cost Per Person : £145 inclusive of 2 nights, breakfast, evening meal and guides on the trail
LIMITED to 20 people
Location: THORNLEY HOW Independent Hostel, Grasmere
Welcoming, clean, comfortable, and simple holiday and backpacking accommodation in Grasmere, the heart of the Lake District. The flexible accommodation can cater for individual bookings, family rooms, small groups and large groups. With a range of easily configurable rooms from private 2 bunk rooms to mixed or single sex 6 & 10 bunks dormitories. Thorney How’s sleeping accommodation comprises of 53 bunk style beds arranged in 10 bedrooms including 2 bunks, 4, 5, 6 and 10 bunks per room. Much of the accommodation has now been redecorated giving the spaces a clean and airy feel.
The main gentleman’s style residence and over 350 year old farmhouse is charming and has well proportioned rooms with fabulous views onto the grounds and the distant Fairfield / Hellvellyn mountain range. Typically rooms are Victorian built with features, all have interesting views, are comfortable and warm, carpeted, and are situated either on the ground floor or first floor. Private parking, cycle store, drying room, licensed bar and spacious grounds complete the experience.
With a large dining area (50+ seating capacity), full catering kitchen and full licence for alcohol and events we are equipped for all kinds of food and drink related events and activities. Or you may simply want a good breakfast. With a range of good value options starting from £1.90 up to £6.50 for a full English, this is a hard price to beat. All main house guests will receive a complimentary Continental style breakfast throughout their stay. INCLUDED - Continental Breakast and Evening Meal (drinks additional cost) Additional outdoor seating provides a great way to sit and enjoy the outdoors with your food and drink. You can also tap into the free wifi to check the weather forecast.
- Friday night arrival ideally between 17:00 and 20:00
- GROUP MEAL 20:30 Group welcome and outline of two days ahead
- 08:00 2 hour – 3 hour trail run around Lake Grasmere with a climb over Loughrigg Fell descending to Rydal Water and back to Grasmere
- Lunch at leisure in Grasmere
- 14:30 Langdale Valley loop – 2 options available (shorter and longer) the longer run will involve some night running of approximately 1 hour (obviously head lamps required)
- 19:30 Dinner and Talk
- 08:00 Grasmere – Ambleside – Skelwith Bridge – Ellterwater – Chapel Stile – Great Langdale – Blea Tarn – Castle Howe – Tilberthwaite Quarry – Coniston (appx 20-22 miles) Pub meeting point for drink/food and refreshment. Coach transportation back to Grasmere will be £5.00 per person leaving at 1600 hrs with arrival back in Grasmere at 1700 hrs.
All details to be confirmed and are due to change if conditions or circumstances beyond our control dictate that changes need to be made.
- You must be fit and able to cover the distances outlined (in your own time).
- It is not necessary to do all runs, you may choose what you participate in.
- You must be able to take responsibility of your own navigation (maps will be provided)
- You must ‘buddy up’ – please no individual runners.
- Ideally we would like to remain in two to four groups, however, we do appreciate we all have different paces.
- No racing! this is a fun weekend and as such we want this to be about bonding, making friends, learning something new and experienceing the wonderful Lakes with like minded people.
You will be self sufficient and as such must have the following as a ‘minimum’. We will check that you have mandatory kit. Without it you will not be able to take part.
- Rucksac Jacket (ideally with hood) watrproof with taped seams
- Over Trousers, waterproof with taped seams
- 1.5 ltr bladder (minimum)
- Compass or GPS Map – ideally Harveys 1:40,000
- First Aid kit
- Food estimate on 2 gels/ 2 bars per hour
- Elastic bandage
- Additional thermal layer
- Mobile phone
- Head Torch and batteries
- Cash/ credit card/ debit card (just in case)
TO BOOK A PLACE, PLEASE EMAIL HERE
Places are limited to 20 people.
Terms and conditions: Deposits are non refundable. A £50 refund on full payment will only be provide if you cancel 2 weeks prior to departure OR a full refund will be provided if your place can be filled less 10% administration charges which we incur via Paypal. You must be fit, heathy and agree that taking part in a strenuos activity such as trail running can be dangerous. You accept those risks and fully understand that runwildrunfree are not responsible for any incidents that you may encounter whilst on the trail.