REACH FOR THE SKY!
As one season comes to an end the planning of a new season starts and today we are pleased to announce the calendar for the Skyrunner® World Series and Continental Championships 2015.
In less than three years, Skyrunning has grown to a new level and today, the announcement of the 2015 calendar signifies a significant expansion of the sport and it truly becomes a world series with the addition of the Continental Championships.
It is a very exciting time and in conjunction with the growth of the National Series, it has never been a better time to be a Skyrunner…
Lauri van Houten, executive director for the ISF today provided the details of the new series and lists the full calendar for 2015.
The big news for 2015 is that the Series goes global – more races, more places and, now, the chance to count an extra race in the ranking. The successful 5 SKY/5 ULTRA/ 5 VK formula stays where three results out of five are scored, but now you can choose a fourth race from the Continental Championships of your choice.
Twenty-seven races in nine countries stretch across five continents. Africa, Australia and China make their first appearance together with the rugged mountains north of the Arctic Circle in Norway.
New Skyrunner® National Series will be announced throughout the year, so skyrunning closer to home becomes a tangible reality in: Africa, North & South America, Canada, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Italy, Oceania, Poland, Portugal, Russia and Spain.
Benefits in the Series and Championships include 1,700 race slots, 450 free entries, 250 accommodation and 80 travel slots. The Series final $ 25,000 is redistributed and additional prizes – not just for the winners – are on the way.
We are proud to reconfirm and thank our our partners Salomon, Active Patch 4U, Compressport, Scott Sports, inov-8, Arc’teryx and La Sportiva for their support and look forward to announcing new ones for 2015.
2015 SKYRUNNER® WORLD SERIES & CONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
IMPORTANT please note re scoring:
Points will be available in 3 Skyrunner® World Series races + 1 Continental Championship race for each discipline.
2015 SKYRUNNER® WORLD SERIES
- July 19 – Dolomites SkyRace® – 22 km, Canazei – Italy
- August 22 – Matterhorn Ultraks 46K – Zermatt – Switzerland
- September 5 – The Rut 25K – Montana – USA
- October 4 – Suunto Lantau 2 Peaks – 21 km, Hong Kong – China
- October 18 – Skyrunning Extreme – 23 km, Limone Sul Garda – Italy
- May 9 – Transvulcania Ultramarathon – 75 km, La Palma – Spain
- June 27 – Mont Blanc 80K – Chamonix – France
- August 2 – Tromsø SkyRace® – 45 km, Tromso – Norway
- September 6 – The Rut 50K – Montana – USA
- September 19 – Ultra Pirineu – 103 km, Bagà – Spain
- July 10 – Kilomètre Vertical Face De Bellevarde, Val D’Isère – France
- July 17 – Dolomites Vertical Kilometer®, Canazei – Italy
- August 1 – Tromsø Vertical Kilometer®, Tromso – Norway
- September 4 – Lone Peak Vertical Kilometer®, Montana – USA
- October 16 – Vertical Kilometer® Crèste de la Mugheira, Limone Sul Garda – Italy
- May 17 – SKY Maratòn Alpina Zegama-Aizkorri – 42 km, Zegama – Spain
- July 12 – ULTRA Ice-Trail Tarentaise – 65 km, Val d’Isère – France
- June 26 – VERTICAL KM Vertical, Chamonix – France
- July 18 – SKY Ti DoDo Trail – 25 km, Black River Gorges – Mauritius
- July 18 – ULTRA Xtreme DoDo Trail – 50 km, Le Morne – Mauritius
- February 7 – SKY Sai Kung – 26 km- Hong Kong – China
- February 7 – ULTRA Sai Kung – 50 km, Hong Kong – China
- July 19 – ULTRA Power of Four Trail – 50 km, Aspen – Colorado
- October 3 – SKY Flagstaff SkyRace® – 39 km, Flagstaff – Arizona
- October 4 – VERTICAL Flagstaff Vertical Kilometer®, Flagstaff – Arizona
- 11 April – ULTRA Buffalo Stampede Ultra SkyMarathon®– 75 km – Australia
- 12 April – SKY Buffalo Stampede SkyMarathon® – 41 km – Australia
- SKYRUNNER® WORLD SERIES PRIZES
- US $25,000 will be awarded to each Series M/F champion.
- SKY: $ 3,000 / 1,500 / 750. ULTRA: $ 3,000 / 1,500 / 750. VERTICAL: $1,000 / 700 / 300.
- SKYRUNNING CONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIPS PRIZES
- Medals and titles will be awarded in each discipline to M/F champions.
- RANKING POINTS
- * Scoring: 3 Skyrunner® World Series results + 1 Continental Championship in each discipline
- Ranking points in the final races of all three Series will be increased by 20%.
- Ranking points breakdown: 100-88-78-72-68-66-64-62-60-58-56-54-52-50 down to 2 points to 40thposition for men and 15thposition for women.
- TEAM POINTS
- The Team & National ranking system is based on the individual points scored by the first three men and the first women of the same team obtained in all SWS races.
FOLLOW ALL THE NEWS at SKYRUNNING.COM