Run. Tag a peak. Repeat.
Inspired by our FKT on Els 2900 route, we customized our track to add more ridge running and off track segments. Be ready to tackle one of the most incredible alpine route ever made for a runner. It’s hard and steep. Think averaging 1,000m of vertical variation every 5K.
Yup, you read it right…
- Name: Els 2900 Alpine Run
- What: 70km, 6,700m of vert.
- When: October 16-18, 2015
- Where: Andorra
Why this is a race like no other:
- We tag the 7 highest peaks of Andorra in a row (all above 2,900m of altitude, hence the name ‘Els 2900’ which means ‘The 2,900’ in Catalan);
- A 100% alpinrunning course, mixing ridge running, scrambling, off-track segments and even a via ferrata!
- For safety reasons, 50 spots only: The race are only looking for highly skilled mountain runners w/ alpine background;
- The race is over a day but start and finish lines are from and to mountain huts above 2,300m. So the race will have an approach hike the day before the race and will spend the night at the first hut all together. Same thing after the race, runners will all spend Saturday’s night in a hut before to get down to the valley the next day;
- All meals, hosting and supplies are taken care of within the price
- Cost – 200EUR for the 3 days
- We’re a non-profit organisation;
- Our only aim is to demonstrate that alpinrunning is not ‘a daredevil thing’ or yet another trend, but a real sport that requires strong skills from both mountaineering and running worlds…